On the morning of 12 September, 2011, OPCW will be webcasting the opening session of our Conference on International Cooperation and Chemical Safety and Security. This session, live from the Peace Palace in The Hague, Netherlands, will feature such noted individuals as:
- H.E. Mr. Ahmet Üzümcü, Director-General, Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- H.E. Mr. Uri Rosenthal, Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Netherlands (TBC)
- Prof. Dr. Paul J. Crutzen, Nobel Laureate, Chemistry (1995)
- H.E. Mr. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Director-General, United Nations Office at Geneva
See the programme to see the full list of speakers.
In the afternoon, the event will move to OPCW Headquarters, where you will hear presentations in the fields of:
- International Cooperation
- Chemical Security
- Chemical Safety
Proceedings get underway at 09:30 Central European Summer Time (CEST). Use this time zone converter to see what time the proceedings begin in your area.
During these presentations, you will be given the opportunity to ask questions of the speakers through the webcast interface.
If you register beforehand we will send you an e-mail reminder when the session begins.
See you then!